Visiting the Port Royal Sound Foundation’s Maritime Center is a unique and engaging experience. It combines the intimate learning opportunities found at a small facility with high quality, awe-inspiring exhibits typically found in metropolitan museums or aquariums.
Current exhibits include:
Main Exhibit Hall
- 3000-Gallon Aquarium, sponsored by the Hilton Head Island Sportfishing Club, Hilton Head Reef Foundation and by individuals purchasing aquarium tiles
- Ceiling Predator Diorama, sponsored by our friends at Spring Island
- History Wall, sponsored by Beaufort County
- Megalodon Jaw, sponsorship opportunity available
- Sharks of Port Royal Sound, sponsored by Angela and Jere Estes
- Story of Snowball, the Albino Dolphin, sponsorship opportunity available
- Underwater Sounds exhibit, sponsored by the University of South Carolina Beaufort
- What Makes our Sound Unique? exhibit, sponsored by our friends at Dataw Island
Rotating Exhibit Room
Made possible by the generosity of our friends at Habersham.
- New exhibits Every two to three months, exhibits highlight special traits of the Port Royal Sound through art, informational panels and literature, and various displays. Previous exhibits have included “The Story of Hunting Island,” told through a collection of prints by the Photography Club of Beaufort; an overview of the S.C. Department of Natural Resources’ artificial reef system; and gallery shows by various neighborhood and community photography and art clubs.
- Now Showing Check out what is currently on display by clicking here.
Oystering, Crabbing & Shrimping
Created and made possible by the generosity of Beverly and Keith Jennings.
- Oyster Cluster Exhibit, donated by Beverly and Keith Jennings and Karen and Dick Anderson
Made possible by the generosity of our friends at Oldfield Plantation.
- Viewing Tanks
Made possible by the generosity of the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry.
- Educational Classroom, sponsored by Thomas W. O. Cameron
- Ship Exhibit, on loan through Earl Nirmaier